Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bonn late at night :-)

So! Today some analysis of the too blue objects, generating new matches to be 100% sure of them, but this will take a little while.

Lensing! We were until 5 minutes ago trying to make all the steps of the pipeline work from "another" (not Tim's) account. There's some adjusts to do. We finished the data reduction, now we will be inspecting the detected objects trying to minimize the spurious ones, like parts of a large galaxy or artifacts from bright stars. This will be done tomorrow. I most likely will go back home without my final shear catalogues, but Tim has some other very important things to do, like handing his PhD thesis tomorrow and that, of course, is a priority!!!! Doesn't matter, I learned a lot already about it :-) Tomorrow I'll be talking with Thomar Erben about mass determinations from the shear maps.

Unfortunately tomorrow I'll have to leave around 4 PM since the train company has a strike AGAIN and I really have to get home and there's no car ride this time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home