Friday, April 04, 2008

Late for friday

So!

Suggestions of the co-authors implemented, paper left and sent for "last reading". In the last reading (not finished yet) I already found several things I'll change. Some typos, but mostly re-wording (in this sense of "I think it reads better like this"). Of course this has a limit and my limit is this reading and it will be submitted on monday ANYWAY!

I wanted to prepare a color figure, not for the paper (color pages are off budget at the moment), and IRAF/COLOR works but it really sucks to set the parameters. I couldn't get to the image "as I wanted". My office mate at ESO, Joerg Dietrich (who works a lot with color images in deep fields) suggested me to use STIFF from TERAPIX. I quickly downloaded it to try on the train back to Goettingen, but there was a compilation error and no internet to google the problem. Googleing it this morning I found the problem: static libraries on MAC. But Bertin from TERAPIX already had a version solving it. Tried and it works!!

The main train activity (besides the compilation trial and reading the paper, while the computer was "working") was prepare the mosaic of MS0451 to apply GALAPAGOS on it. Matching the WCS of individual frames was the task, done 5 out of 8. Then it will come absolute WCS, PSF, bad objects identification ... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home