Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Second day ... mails and image processing ...

So! Second day of the daily report blog. I won't be counting the days, just the that's the second one, so it's ok! :-)

Today a nice "lunch chat report" of the Marseille conference to Bodo (Ziegler), my colaborator here in Goettingen, lots of mail reading (there are still some ... I read mails in german very slowly) and data reduction.

Finally managed to start reducing in a feasible and correct way a Laica (Calar Alto wide field camera) run. It's kind of complicated because the images are taken in 4 CCDs with 4-port readout. So the BIAS and OVERSCAN is complicated. I tried several ways (I'm trying it since end of march) and finally got to XCCDRED, which seems to be the best way of doing it. If anyone knows a better way ... please let me know.

Tomorrow I should finish pre-processing the flatfields to work with it ... then the real images!

The institute decided to buy (on a internal money sharing basis) a SAECO Incanto Coffee Machine. Seems a nice option, coffee available all the time on a semi-automatic machine of high quality! Unfortunately we don't have budget to buy one like the one at ESO-Garching cafeteria!! This would be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home