Thursday, November 02, 2006

Paper day

Today the day was used with the paper mainly, preparing the results of the analysis of the simulated images to the OV_WAV paper.

What's that all about.

I had this section writen an year ago. But since this paper is taking to long to finish, I had to transfer this section to another paper, the one of the pilot sample or the IGL (Intragroup Light), to show that the method works well.

Doing that, I lost my section on this paper. I still think (and the other authors too) that this low surface brightness simulations should be on this paper too. So I expanded the simulation in a range of brightnesses and using exponential and de Vaucouleurs profiles. This new range of signal and the two profiles really made a nice result :-)

Now, writing it again. Tomorrow it will be ready anyway. At least my part. Now poking the other authors ... YOWWWWWWWWW :-) (I know my part is already finished a while ago and that the other parts are quite complicated ...).

Also German class! We had to research some stuff about Moechten being the Past Subjunctive (Konjuntive II) of Moegen. It was a nice discussion, is a nice group!

Last thing for today! The winter has arrived. Tonight we had the first snow. Not enough to stay on the floor, but ... already scary :-) Counting the days to SPRING!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home