Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back from Bonn

So! Back from Bonn!

Three main activities:

1- Look for a flat. That went quite bad! I was really expecting more and better options. Only managed to see 4 flats and at the end got three options:

a) One flat, like three blocks away from the institute, small, may have some furniture in it, if the owner agrees on putting some. Problem, the person that lives there already warned me that the neighbours are annoyingly noisy ... like turning the TV very loud at 5 AM ... a little noise don't affect me, I'm noisy myself, but if you wake me at that time you've got yourself a furious enemy ...

b) One furnitured flat, like one block away from the institute, in a bigger "students building". This one is more expencive than I was initially willing to pay, but apartments in Bonn are more expencive then in Goettingen ... the other problem is that the owner will prefer to rent for september and I want it for october and no way I can get something for september ...

c) None of the options and re-start the process in 2 or 3 weeks, eventually broadening the search area ... I don't like that option because in the first two weeks of september I'll be taking care of moving to the new flat here in Goettingen and paiting and giving my old one back, and in the second half of it I'll be in Brazil, and I need to have a place in Bonn when I come back!

Complicated, but I'll have a solution tomorrow!

Second part of the trip was getting to know the new colleagues and the institute structure. That went pretty well and I liked it!

Third part of the trip was some work and I managed to write something like 50% of a paper that I should have writen a while ago! Now just have to finish it!

Friday back to work! I have to search for some archive images and to put some number I didn't have during the trip in the already writen part of the paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home