Wednesday, August 01, 2007

SDSS and Phase II back ...

So, part of the time was spent browsing SDSS website. I wanna download the whole photometric galaxies catalogue of DR6 to search for some structures. Would like to have it in CSV and SQL format. Couldn't find a way of doing it, since the webform is presenting problems when you exclude the point sources and I also it maybe too heavy for the server to deal with (when you put no pointing constraint and a good part of the parameters).

Of course I still have to figure out how to deal with the catalogue and do what I wanna do, but first I wanna see how the catalogue looks like and the format possibilities to decide the best approach.

Also the Phase II to ESO came back with some suggestions to increase flexibility. After checks and checks got to a new configuration inside the suggestion and checked it in again ... let's see how it ends.

The "searching for a flat" novel has got an end. Last friday we saw a very nice flat, applied to it, and today the administration company called to say that the landlord want us there. Good! Tomorrow we'll receive the contract and no more searching calling for this flat. Now I have to find a room in Bonn ... long story!

It's sunny and warm out there for the first time in weeks ... I'm going for a ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home