Thursday, May 08, 2008

Post 500

Post 500!!! That brings lots of issues, good for the complicated last two weeks.

500 would mean 100 weeks, almost 2 year, but indeed it's almost 3 years of blogging! OK, there are vacation times, holidays, conferences, days you just can't do anything for one or other reason.

The last 3 years were complicated new country, new situations, divorce, new relationship, a child, and that of course reflects in your productivity, specially working with science. I thought, all that time, that my professional side was somehow little affected (impossible to be unaffected), but now, in a new situation emotional and professional, I really see how bad this last period was. Now I can see that I couldn't concentrate, that I couldn't really produce things properly.

Even now, coping with Matheus at home and trying to share his care working 600 km from home I can do more than before. Now is recovering the time I spent healing.

About the complicated week. Had to stay home because since the end of last week Fernanda has a sacroiliac joint inflammation, still a remain from childbirth, according to the doctor. This way he can't lift, carry or bath Matheus ... so ... Together with that we're trying to solve the baby care problem for next month up, as I comment last post. We got some names and numbers, things are on their way, but they're gonna cost MUCH more than we expected, a maybe more than we can afford ... still in process. As Miguel well expressed in his comment to the last post, yes I'm pissed off.

All those functions are taking a lot of time, and also I've being trying to finish the analysis of one object (the prototype for my pipeline), and with all these problems that's being taking more time than I wanted and more time than I have. It will be ready tomorrow.

Talking about being pissed off. I hate being ROBED!! As foreseen, my former landlord STOLE MY MONEY, from my caution and used it to renew his dammed flat!! Yes he wanted things the way he thought they were, or wanted it to be, but he's never been in the flat before I entered. Now he painted the bathroom and the DOORS, and put new lamps and charged me for that. First, I gave the flat back in the same (or maybe better) conditions I've got it. Bathroom color, doors color, NO LAMPS. Second, he charged me for painting the bathroom and the doors, more hours than a professional painter (and a good and careful one) wanted to paint THE WHOLE flat. The main point is, with a THIEF like this man, you need a lawyer to deal with it. Then comes the problems. 1) It may be more expensive the amount he STOLE from me; 2) You have a lot of stress with this, specially when you only have a colloquial use of the language; 3) the country law is know for favoring the landlord! Lets see.

Basically that! So post 500, in a new era!

Tomorrow there will be no posting, this object will be ready, but my parents are arriving for the month and tomorrow there will be a lot of talking and catching up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home