Monday, August 04, 2008

Nice weekend, let's start the week

Weekend in Munich was great. Family, old friends and quite sunny days.

Friday Fernanda and Matheus arrived. On saturday morning we met Claudio Melo, now at ESO-Garching, how's a "teen-age" friend (we studied together from high-school until M.Sc.) and is married to Lucivanda (that was on a business trip), how's a childhood friend (we met when we were 5 year old :-)). Then we went to the park so that Matheus and his daughter Luisa could play.

Then walk around Munich and in the afternoon we met Eduardo Cypriano (UCL), Elysandra Figueiredo (Open Univ.) and Dimitri Gadotti (MPA) (same gang as thursday night) and they all got to know Fernanda and Matheus.

It was great to see old friends.

Dimitri and Eduardo comment they read my blog sometimes ... eeeee some one else besides mom reads it :-) Eduardo complained that information is too obvious, sometimes, like "today I worked on flatfield". That's more or less the idea, if I spent the day doing flatfield, then flatfield it is :-) Also good to know "when I did what". Edu, keep reading the blog!!!!! Actually I'll need you tomorrow or wednesday (when I finish flatfielding :-) ) to get information about the mask production on Gemini.

Sunday we had a calm day and a safe trip back home.

Now today! Work!

Trying to review the nice "surprise" code. Complicated task, but I'll get there.

Also working on the Gemini pre-imaging and trying to solve the "Lick Stars" issue. Got a reply from Thomas Puzia (Herzberg), who observed this kind of star with VLT already. Let's see how my co-I's can implement his solution.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home