Sunday, November 06, 2011

ADASS 2011 day one

Not sure I'll keep with the daily update, but today I can hehehehe

Short day, just a tutorial. Either GPU processing or R (statistical language) or walking around Paris in a dull weather windy day.

I tried to play with R last year ... could not find my way around it and quit with a "I have to read more about it ...". 1.5 year later I haven't read about it, for one reason or another, so I decided to give it another try.

Tutorial with Eric Feigelson. He's been doing astrostatistics since ever and used survival rate statistics to quasar analysis in the 80's. I like that "synergy" thing. Get a technique widely used in one place and find out it solves your problems in another area ...

Tutorial was good. I might be able to find my way around it now, so it was worth to break the ice :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home