Monday, November 07, 2005

Busy weekend!!

Pretty busy weekend and monday!

dN/dS monte-carlo simulations running on 20 computers around the world. 10000 runs of each of the two normalization cases we need to look at ... managing that pool is a lot of work that took me part of the day! That is done. Now I have to write some routine to analise it hehehehehehe

At least I have something to present on the hypothetical conference about "monte-carlo method" that will be help in Monte Carlo some day, as was discussed in Marseille during a nice lunch :-)))))

Also flatfielding was carried during the weekend, and I found out that this camera has a TERRIBLE flatfield, or I'm doing something wrong. Now I'll have to check all the flats all over again to be sure about the selection. I hope that's the problem. It's a lot of work, but with an easy solution. That was the rest of the day (and night until now ...).

2 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger Hogg said...

I remember that lunch. Now all we need is to figure out how, at the beginning of the conference, to give each of the participants a few thousand Euros to blow on the roulette wheel...

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Cris Da Rocha said...

A full funding for this conference would be great, with "real time" monte-carlo experiments on the roulette hehehehehe

It will be a very expensive conference anyway :-))))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home