Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trying to go on :-)

Monday I had to leave quickly to visit a flat in Garching, which turned out to be exactly the kind of thing I don't wanna live in, but there was no internet connection at home, so no post.

Monday I finished translating and understanding the code Paul Hickson used on the dynamics paper. I'll need to update some of the values there to new values of H_0 and to the concordance cosmology.

Still have to see what I'll really need, but it was nice to understand it.

Tuesday some computer issues to integrate my laptop to the ESO internal network and in the afternoon I brought back to Goettingen Fernanda and Matheus.

Today solved some issues on the brazilian birth certificate of Matheus, sent the material to the embassy in Berlin. Also stop by the institute where I talked to my colleague Mathias Zetzl that wanted to clarify some doubts about Blanton & Roweis KCORRECT. Unfortunately I used the IDL version that has more options than the C version (that he's using) and so he has to do some "walk arounds" to get the results. The discussion was good and we may have found the way to solve his problems.

The funny side is that he found the information that I used this code googling "kcorrect" and this blog shows up in the first page!! :-)) That probably means I used too many days to get where I wanted hehehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home