Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Solving things

WCS correction done for the cluster in question and modeling running. Should be ready anytime (the machine is quite fast). Some discussion also about the next step of this project, that will require some ACS raw data reduction.

Taking care of some "postal" issues. 

I'm expecting a parcel with some stuff my father bought here in Germany. It was suppose to be here last week, so that he'd take it himself to Brazil. It didn't arrive on time. Either because the sender only sent it on monday (he denies) or because GLS delayed it due to a religious holiday in the south of the country. Fernanda stayed the whole day waiting for it and no one rang at home. At the end of the day there was a notice on the post box that they came and there was no one at home ... they didn't even bother to RING ... they will come on wednesday again, let's see if they will at least ring.

I'm trying to bring my city bike to Garching, from Goettingen. Not able to. By train I would need a reservation for a bike place, and it seems to be sold out until the end of the summer. The option is ship it here (by ship I mean send it here, not that it will come by "river" hehehehe). The post would do that in a easy and expensive way. The D-Bahn would do that on a bit more complicated by cheaper way. The D-Bahn option involves calling a 0900 phone number that seems to be banned at any normal phone (even my home phone can't call it). The post option was simple and then when I wanted to order it got VERY complicated ... so. I'll probably disassemble the bike and bring it in a sport-bike bag. As I did for one of my race bikes this week.

Speaking of which, I managed to start finding ways to train in Garching. 25 km to the next village trying to find a good pavement and not so crowded way. It was OK to be back on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home