Thursday, August 07, 2008

Still on masks ...

Yes, the whooooole day on that.

First WCS correction (FORS images are ALWAYS wrong) and it "almost" matched the Gemini images (also WRONG). Since I can't correct the Gemini ones, I had to treat them for small objects photometry, matched the two photometric catalogues, hunted the lost objects, and got a final candidates catalogue. 

Processed it as Gemini suggests (a mixture of codes and programs that the way I don't like) and put it into their mask program (the one that doesn't accept "on the fly" slits, only catalogued ones).

Defined "priorities" AND NOTHING. There's still no way to display the slits on screen!!! Looked at their help page and there was suppose to be a button that says "PLOT SLITS", but it's missing in my version ... either they took it away and didn't update the help page, or it "felt" when I downloaded it ...

Summary: gotta finish that by tomorrow to be processed on time, wanted to have finished that on tuesday, so it was an almost "LOST" week (not the series) and I have other projects to take care ... and they are URGENT!

Mails to some potential saviours (Eduardo Cypriano, experienced Gemini observer, and Rodrigo Carrasco, GMOS-S responsible). Let's see who can help me ...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home