Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Matching

So!

3 tasks for the day.

1- Get the pre-imaging reduction going ... got it but I don't like it. The imaging pipeline for FORS2 will be made public tomorrow or thursday (inside information). Then I'll try with it. In any case tomorrow I'll discuss the points I'm in doubt with the experts.

2- Match literature with our objects. That's a night mare. You get the coordinates, some objects match, some are close (but with random shifts), some are far off ... which can you trust? Are the matched really matched? Or chance just a chance match? The only good match was from a paper of our own group, where the shift is linear and I had access to the original image (FORS with WCS offsets). Tomorrow I'll think about it.

The main problem is that two out of three literature sources published their coordinates as distances to the center of the field (c'mon!!! publish real astrometry, or just don't publish anything!). You get their catalogue and their center, calculate the coordinates ... and nothing, nothing matches ...

NED has coordinates for the same objects, the ones I said that some matches some doesn't ...

3- KG project advanced a lot! Code is going. There's some work to do, but it's going!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home