Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a day to ...

So! What a day, good that it's over.

As I comment last post, Matheus provided me with night entertainment :-)

In the morning it was all white, again! I don't mind, as long as I can walk, what was not the case. Streets around here were full of snow (not that there was THAT much snow) and sidewalks too. I don't understand that city ... in Goettingen it was always everything clean early in the morning, here the problem starts with my janitor service, that sux. And we woke up later, given the "night" party :-)

Don't need to comment that the bus that is usually late just collapsed, something that other people in other parts of the town also know, so it's not just "my bus". And there's winter every year ... will they learn?

Yes, I complain about this city! People in "suburbs" like Garching have a better service!

Most of the day was spent with Fernanda around doctors. Yep, her back pain didn't improve, actually got worse since our last visit to the doctor, now an orthopedist.

First doctor said it was a muscular distention ... after 2 months of pain. Well I have distended most of the muscles in my body and I can tell none lasted 2 months ... Second doctor said it was a nerve clamp, but the solution offered was some physiotherapy, didn't work. In Brazil she visited a physiotherapist and an acupuncturist, also no solution. Then we visited an orthopedist how said it was muscle clamping a nerve ... ok

So, today she went to the doctor again and he asked for an MRI (if you watch House M.D. you're familiar with the term :-) ), which took most of the afternoon. Result of it ... lumbar disc hernia. Tomorrow we're gonna see the doctor again, to hear that. Solutions are, surgery and when possible a conservative treatment involving medicines, physiotherapy and massage. Surgery solves the problem quicker and with less pain, at least through time ... on the other hand is a surgery and it has risks. Let's see what the doctor will tell us tomorrow.

So! Pretty tuff day!

Science: I kept saving failed models in the waiting rooms.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home