Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Week summary!

Well, one more week "at home", haven't got much time to post here but there were some "science facts".

First, more discussion at INPE with Hugo Capelato and Reinaldo de Carvalho about projects. Talking in person with the people is always better than hundreds of mails!

Second, more progress on the CMB paper, at least in the concept of the last tests to apply to the maps and finish our catalog.

Third and very good. The paper sent to MNRAS, which usually take more than 30 days to come back from the referee is already back after 12 days! Just small and good suggestions from the referee, what is great! I hope I can do this ASAP (as soon as I come back to Germany).

Had just a little cycling around here.

Last monday I went with a "night bikers" group (very common thing here in Brazil, which doesn't make any sense in Germany where every one uses the bike to go anywhere). The tour was good and light, but riding around São Paulo to get to the meeting point and back home was WILD!! Too much adrenaline for my poor, full of coffee, veins!!

Here in São José we had a small "geriatric" ride in the celebration of the town anniversary. Slow, light, but with my wife and some of my old bike buddies! It was great!

Also had a celebration this week, my forth wedding anniversary! Lunch at a swiss look town in the hills, a sort of a tradition :-)

About coffee, I'm in Brazil ... country of coffee, lot's of good espressos after lunch and some good coffee at INPE with my old coffee machine in my old office! (lot's of "old" in this post)

2 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Hogg said...

congratulations on the paper, and on all the riding, celebrating, and caffeinating

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Cris Da Rocha said...

Thanks a lot! Now gotta get life back on track!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home