Friday, October 21, 2005

Journal Club starts

Today we finally something that I was missing here and that I've been trying to do for a while. A Journal Club. Basically a informal discussion of what was new and interesting to each one in the week! No presentations allowed, only, spoken highlights!

I've talked to other people that had the same feeling, they agreed, the day and time is never good for all the people, but.

Sent a message to all the institute and besides the people I've talked before there were more people interest, what was great!! No one took anything because for most of them was "short notice", so I spoke a bit about two papers I've read.

FRIDAY at 11:00!! :-))

Besides that helping the new students with photometry and reducing my own photometry.

Also got the proof of the paper and already disagree with a couple of things!! GRRRRR I wanna get this ready for monday!!

Now gotta prepare the new talk about the wavelet method for Nov. 1st ...

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Hogg said...

hear hear! Journal club rocks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home