Friday, June 27, 2008

Anniversary post

Three years ago I started this science blog as a suggestion from David Hogg in a conference in Marseille. The first post "And so it begins", on a Babylon 5 style the 27th of June 2005.

This blog has helped me in several ways. Recollecting the work of the day, checking when did I do this or that, checking what did I do that day, and showing me, after sometime that I could have been better, much better. That's what I'm into, making things better in a new life, with new motivations.

Enough with "there was a crisis" and so on ...

Last days were busy and complicated outside of science and also in science!

3 projects at once, they all should be done at the same time (due to my "running after the lost time" scheme ...). No excuses, "just do it" (Nike should pay me for that hehehehe).

Photometric table for a "side project" and resolution comparison.

The comparison is how "CAS" parameters change for the same objects on ACS 0.05 and 0.03 pixel size images. That's important for this galaxy structure paper. We also have to be sure on how different filters (F606W and F814W) affect the results (unfortunately part of the data is on one filter, part in the other ...).

Also Elif Kutdemir's paper got the final acceptation this week. Cool! Congratulations for the first paper. (to me also, I'm also in the paper)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home