Thursday, February 18, 2010

On paper

So! Still on the paper.

Finished my modifications to the existing text, now gotta organize the references, modify some figures and write the missing text. Getting in the writing mood.

Some training, even though another part of my home trainer broke ... somethings seem to have a defined life time :-) I've got some reply from Elite (the manufacturer) on how to walk around (it's not a repair) of the previous problem. That was nice, I'll do it tomorrow.

Also got a reply (after calling the guys a couple of times) about cable connection in the house. The building has no TV antenna, so signal should come by cable. There's only one cable company allowed to provide services in my building (and mostly in Munich, as far as I could understand). This is the German capitalism. They work on monopoly basis ...

This company doesn't do collective contracts. It won't provide cable to the building as a whole Each one must make an individual contract with them. In Brazil, at least, if 40-50% of a building want to have the same cable company, they give you lots of things. Better price, top quality decoders, upgrade on packages, ... here, there's only one option, so why bother. Why make it better is we can provide the same crappy service for a higher price??

Tried to get an antenna. No one at the store was able tell me if any further equipment was needed. There was no signal on the TV ... luckily here you can give anything back within 14 days, only one question asked "is it broken or you just don't want it?", so that they know what to do with it.

Also trying to contact O2, my mobile operator, about the firmware upgrade for our Nokia N97's. I need the upgrade so I can use iSync and get more from my phone and it's only possible with the new version. O2 has to make the upgrade available, and it didn't. I don't wanna have to "hack" my own phone to make it better.

If you're considering buying a smart phone, Nokia N97 is the WORST option. Slow, no skype version YET, firmware upgrade is a nightmare, 'cos it has to be authorized by your operator, no "Missing Sync" version, software is rare ... bad choice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home